Midtown Grill is looking for line cooks, servers and cleaning/backup staff (1-2 years experience preferred) to join our crew. We are a new restaurant with a lot of potential, looking for people who want to be a part of our success story.
Our ideal candidates:
- have a good disposition and enjoy working with customers and coworkers
- are self motivated and have a sense of urgency
- are team players, willing to pitch in around the restaurant
- will help build a fun, welcoming environment
- enjoy working and staying busy
If you think you're a fit for our team, please send us an email with your resume, or come in to meet us and fill out an application in person, preferably between 10-11am or 2-5pm. Our lunch and dinner rushes are usually busy and we may not have the time to meet with you.
Continue reading for Job Descriptions and Requirements.
In addition to the qualities noted above, line cook duties and required knowledge include:
- prep, stock, rotate supplies
- strong understanding of sanitation standards
- keep areas clean
- maintain consistency in menu
- adhere to standards and good hygiene
- follow direction well
- work as a member of a team
- must be dependable
If you know what you’re doing, then it’s just a matter of remembering to have fun and being prepared for the business. QUALITY IS KING!!!
Servers and front staff provide the first impression of our restaurant. In addition to the qualities listed for all employees, servers should:
- maintain a welcoming disposition and stay in control
- maintain a thorough understanding of menu
- build familiarity with customers
- anticipate needs and multitask
- strong understanding of POS systems
- maintain a clean work area
- assist with stocking
You should get real satisfaction from seeing a line run smoothly and customers enjoying their experience. Must be 21 years of age.
All staff members at Midtown Grill are valuable. Cleaning and backup staff duties and expectations include:
- help with backing up Line Cooks and Front Staff
- maintain cleanliness in dining room, bathrooms and kitchen
- assist with food prep, stocking and bussing
- willingness to help other staff and customers
- ability to keep busy and help where needed
- good hygiene and clean appearance necessary.
Being cheerful, dependable and showing a sense of urgency will get you the job!
- All applicants must have a current food handler’s card if hired.
- Must be available to work weekends and nights.
- Training and Probation period
- Lifting and carrying up to 40 lbs.
- Full and Part-time positions
- Location: Yuba City
Compensation: minimum wage or higher depending on experience.
Please tell us which position you are interested in and provide a resume with your response.